I quite often get asked about cooking in the oven, so if you won a oven here are some handy tips
- If you haven’t cooked in your oven for a a few weeks allow at least 2-3 hours to heat up your oven.
- Use a good qaulity Hardwood like iron bark as this wood burns long and hot
- Make sure your wood is dry, alot of people will tell you their wood is dry, if its not dry you will produuce a lot of smoke ( Not good on the neighbours) about 22% moisture content.
- Invest in a digiatal tempreture guage your cooking should be about 350 degrees
- move your fire to the back or side at least 20 minutes prior to cooking
- to test the surface you can through some flour on it and see how fast it burns
- keep a good flame going this is what grills the top of the pizza
- Remember every thing cooks at different tempretures, so pizza is different to a roast.
If you would like some lessons in cooking in a wood fired oven please contact us and we would be happy to provide you with our consultation service.